Spontaneity is cool. Hot tours, throwing darts at the map: wherever you hit, that’s where you go. But that happens very rarely. So before you go, you need to think seriously and think through all the aspects of your trip, from where we’ll go and who we’ll take with us, to how we’ll put our luggage and what apps to download. Here you can find a few useful tips for the perfect vacation.
Book your airline tickets in advance
It’s best to buy tickets 45 days in advance of your trip. If you buy your tickets 2-3 months in advance, the airlines won’t be able to calculate the actual cost and will quote approximate prices based on the popularity of the flight last year. And if there are 45 days before the flight, the price is already fully consistent with the passenger traffic this year. It’s best to get a mid-week ticket when flights are half-empty, between Tuesday and Thursday. Also, look for tickets in incognito mode. The airlines won’t be able to estimate your status from previous requests and the price won’t change upward.
Booking an apartment for your stay
The place where you will live is another significant part of your expenses, so it is worth choosing the best accommodation based on your needs and capabilities. Pay attention not to the size of the room, but to its photo. Read the reviews on Google Maps and study them carefully. If most of the reviews are repeated, then it is most likely true.
Take into account the extra cost of living. The price you see for a room does not always match the final price. That is, you often have to pay extra for parking, breakfast, and Wi-Fi. For example, if breakfast is not included in the price, you need to allocate an additional $15-20 per person.
What you should make sure to do before you leave
- Call the bank and tell them you’re going abroad so your cards don’t get blocked.
- Take a few hundred dollars in cash with you to pay with them at first, where they do not accept cards.
- Make copies of all documents and be sure to keep them in a separate place from the originals. If your documents are stolen, you will always have your ID with you.
- Decide what you will use to get to the airport and distribute the time properly so that there is enough time.
- Take a light breakfast with you (in case your flight is delayed).
- Find out if you need an international driver’s license to drive in the destination country.
Be sure to bring your bank card, through which you made reservations for tickets and/or apartments.
Otherwise, they can cancel your reservation and even call the police. Keep this in mind, so that you do not have to pay again for the reservation.